§ 2 Schemas & Endpoints
The core data model for a federated compliance mapping schema is shown below:
Core data model for a federated mapping schema
The process of mapping follows these steps:
- 1.A Person who is
- 2.part of an Organization is
- 3.assigned a Role of contributor (Author, Mapper, etc.)
- 4.as part of a Project that contains an
- 5.Authority Document that has various
- 6.Citations (or SWID entries, or catalog entries, or reference elements) that have identified
- 7.Dictionary Terms (such as product names, tagged nouns or verbs) and a possible match to a
- 8.Reference Control (or focus control or Common Control).
We will call this continuous process an entry. In this section we will document each of the existing schemas for the data model shown above, annotating how they work together to create a compliance framework mapping entry.